Kids Rock the House!
We’re often asked, “Is there anything my kids can do to help”, and the answer is YES!
We love it when kids help kids.
Here are some ways kids can get involved while learning about philanthropy.
Rock Your Socks
Get a pair of our red & white striped knee high socks for a donation of $8.00 and take a Sock Selfie.
Post it on our page with a comment on why you love RMHC of SW VA and share on social media.
Whoever receives the most likes wins a RMH fun pack! Be sure and let us know beforehand so we can manage the competition.
Rock a Tee
You don’t want to miss our Rock a Tee Day! Each year we choose a unique design for our T-Shirt. Who knows it might be yours! Watch for details coming to our website and Facebook page.
Design a Door Hanger
Download template, print it, decorate it, and return it to the House to hang on our guest doors to welcome them at check-in!
Copies are available at House.
Start a Social Media Challenge
We’ve all seen the ice bucket challenge-how about starting one for us.
Start a Schools Rule for RMHC of SWVA Social Media Challenge with other schools. Be Creative, be safe, keep it in a short time span (no more than 14 days), and reinforce the purpose behind the challenge as you push it on social media.
Example: Your Schools Name is helping keep families close. Take the challenge and donate $___ (Donate Link to our website) to Ronald McDonald House of Southwest Virginia (RMHC of SWVA).
Plan an Event
Start a Service Scavenger Hunt. Participants learn about RMHC of SW VA while collecting facts and wish list items.
Hold a sporting tournament.
Calling all skate boarders, runners, walkers, bowlers, and more!
Host an event revolving around an activity in which participants pay an entry fee and donate proceeds.
Have a cooking competition. Who makes the best chili or brownies? Let’s find out. Hold a competition in your community. Charge an entry fee or sell tickets and donate the proceeds.
More fun ways to sport the red & white stripes…
- Get your school involved and have a Red & White for RMHC Day.
- Have your team stand out at your next soccer or basketball game showing your support.Whatever you choose, be creative, have fun, and tell us about it.Ideas are endless. Car Wash, Bake Sale, or Lemonade Stand…get the neighborhood involved.Here are some ongoing ways to help that are simple and easy:
- Change can be life changing. Donate your spare change to the Ronald McDonald House.
- Pull for the House. Collect tab tops from soda cans.
- Hold a Wish list Drive. Choose items from our wish list and support the Ronald McDonald House and Family Room.In House volunteers have age and supervision requirements. We are happy to offer support and ideas but cannot guarantee volunteer/staff to assist with event. Third party agreements and guidelines are available online. Call the House for further details.