Volunteers are an integral part of the Ronald McDonald House (RMH) and their major role is to help provide a supportive environment for families staying at the Ronald McDonald House of Southwest Virginia
- Upon arrival to the house, each individual, age 16 and up, will be checked against the National Sex Offender Public Registry. No one who is a registered sex offender or who has been convicted of a crime against children will be allowed on the property.
- The RMHC Group Volunteer Application will need to be completed by at least one member of the group who will act as representative and primary contact for entire group. As representative, the primary contact who completes this online application will be required to indicate agreement to RMH policies, rules, code of conduct, releases and guidelines.
- RMHC cannot accommodate groups with more than 20 people. Groups with more than 20 individuals should contact our Volunteer Manager to discuss other opportunities.
- Due to the unique nature of volunteer placements, we are unable to accept court-mandated community service volunteers.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age; volunteers 15 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian at all times.
- Group volunteers are offered 2– 3-hour shifts between 9am-9pm; 7 days a week.
Completing this application does not guarantee you a group volunteer opportunity at RMHC. Please allow for up to ten business days for your application to be processed. Once the application has been processed and approved, an RMHC staff member will contact you to schedule a group activity.