“Fall, Family, Friends, Smiles, Laughs & Hugs are some of the Best Things in Life and they are all Free.”
Can you believe it – Fall is here! Kids are back in school, pumpkin spice flavors are everywhere and the temperatures are starting to dip – even if it is just slightly. It’s time to schedule those family photo sessions with the beautiful fall colors, pull out those boots and cute scarfs, and check out the upcoming fall festivities around town.
Fall welcomes so many fun things to do and it is a great time of the year for some good ol’ family fun! Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy the fall with family and friends and hopefully you will find something inspiring on the list!
- Visit a Farmer’s Market
- Make Chili (you can even grab some friends and be Guest Chefs at the Ronald McDonald House!)
- Go on a Hike
- Read a Fall Book
- Rake the Leaves (RMHC is always looking for volunteers to help us rake leaves all autumn long – they pile up fast!)
- Have a Movie Night – did you see the new Hocus Pocus 2 movie is out!
- Visit a Pumpkin Patch
- Make Bird Feeders
- Find a Fall Festival to Attend
- Go Apple Picking
- Go Backyard Camping with bonfire (& smores!!)
- Do a Service Project Together with family & friends (What a great way of “giving back” to the community!)
- Donate Cans of Food to a Local Food Bank
- Decorate your House and Front Porch for Fall (come help us here at RMHC decorate for our families)
- Watch some Fall Sports! Football & Hockey are back!
These are just a handful of my favorites, hopefully you will find some fall activities you will want to try. If interested in doing some fall activities with us here at the Ronald McDonald House and help keep families close together, we’d love to have you join us. If you would like more information on our volunteer program and ways to get involved, please visit www.rmhc-swva.org or call 540-857-0770.