Be our Guest
Be Our Guest
Staying With Us – Who Can Stay?
- Parents or guardians of pediatric patients coming at least 25 miles to the Roanoke Valley may qualify to stay at the Ronald McDonald House
- If the House is full, the mileage requirement can extend further
- Pediatric patients are defined as 21 years of age and younger, unmarried and using parent’s address as their permanent address
- Guests must be able to care for their own needs and be able to reside in a communal setting harmoniously with other House families
What is the process?
- Families desiring a room at Ronald McDonald House will need a referral from the doctor’s office for all pediatric outpatient procedures and from the hospital social worker for all inpatient services
- A referral does not guarantee a room will be available
- Families must call the House to confirm availability between 12-1 PM on the scheduled arrival day
All potential guests are required to complete and submit Admission Application Form, prior to arrival. Confirmation of referral is pending upon approval of application. Application forms are also made available through social workers at Carilion Children’s Hospital and the Ronald McDonald Family Room on the 14th floor at Carilion Roanoke Memorial. For those unable to submit online, the information may collected over the phone and signed at check-in.