A Little Change
You’ve probably noticed the donation boxes at McDonald’s that support Ronald McDonald House Charities and you may even have dropped change in at one point. But did you know small change adds up to make a big difference? Each year those donations help 700 families who live within 150 miles around Roanoke, as many as 5,000 Ronald McDonald Family visitors at Carilion Children’s Hospital. Dropping change into a donation box means:
- Helping families save over $90 a day in lodging and meal costs
- Providing a respite area inside the hospital so families can regroup but remain steps away from their child’s bedside
- Increasing the ability to spend more time with hospitalized children, interacting with medical providers and participating in vital medical decisions
- Easing the impact on the entire family by keeping them together, while providing services and spaces that create a sense of normalcy and a supportive and comforting environment
- Eliminating time spent traveling by allowing families to stay close to hospitals
More importantly, change donated in 60 McDonald’s locations throughout Southwest and Southside Virginia, directly supports Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southwest Virginia located in Roanoke. That means that donations made in the Roanoke and New River Valleys, Covington-Lexington area, Martinsville-Danville-South Boston area, Lynchburg-Forest-Bedford area, Clarksville and Farmville – all stay local and support the Ronald McDonald House in Roanoke.
Your spare change can help families stay close to their child and balance the need for privacy and social support during an unimaginable time.
Your donations stay local! Just drop your spare change in the box next to the register or in the drive-thru at an area McDonald’s and your donation will directly support Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southwest Virginia!